BMI Federal Credit Union
5 Budget-Friendly Gifts For Mom
How to Show Mom You Love Her without Breaking the Bank
This Sunday is Mother’s Day, that special time when we show appreciation for our moms and everything that they’ve done for us. If you still haven’t found a gift for your mom or maybe you don’t have the money to pay for an extravagant gift, fear not – you don’t need to break the bank to show your mom that you love her.
Here are five budget-friendly gifts that will show mom you love her without breaking the bank!
- A few extra hours of sleep. Does your mom have a dog that likes to be fed first thing in the morning? Does she have plants to water or laundry that needs to be done? Giving your mom a break from her daily chores and gifting her with a few extra hours of sleep in the morning is a great Mother’s Day gift that doesn’t cost any money.
- Go on a hike together. For the nature-loving mom, spending time together while enjoying the great outdoors is a gift she’ll cherish. Not only will you be spending time together and making new memories, you’ll also get in your exercise and enjoy the fresh air. Sounds like a win win!
- Frame her favorite photo of the two of you. Does your mom have a favorite photo of the two of you? Why not take her favorite photo and have it framed for a meaningful gift that will last a life time? Many printers allow you to print photos straight from your computer, but if your printer doesn’t have this feature, it shouldn’t cost too much to have your photo developed. Next pick a beautiful frame that your mom will love. Now she can enjoy her favorite photo every day instead of having to dig for it on her phone!
- Make a personalized gift basket. This one is fun, because it will allow you to customize it based on your mom’s unique hobbies and interests. Does your mom like to garden? Try filling a basket with new gardening tools and unique plants and seeds. Is cooking more her thing? A basket with fun ingredients and new kitchen utensils is something she’ll love. The possibilities are literally endless, so if you’re struggling to find the perfect gift, give this one a try!
- Clean her car. Instead of buying mom a new car for Mother’s Day, why not make hers look as good as new? Give the outside a good scrub, clean the windows, vacuum the inside and even put in an air freshener to make it extra special. Imagine the look of surprise on your mom’s face when she sees her sparkling, clean-as-new car!
You don’t need to break the bank to show your mom that you love her. Even something as simple as giving her a few more hours of sleep or cleaning her car will show her that you care and were willing to go the extra mile for her. Remember that at the end of the day it’s not about the money – it’s about the thought that counts!