Celebrating Youth Month
Save Small and Dream Big For Your Child's Future
April is Youth Month!
Every year, credit union's nationwide celebrate April as National Youth Month, and at BMI Federal Credit Union, we are here to help you and your child save for the future. Explore all of our youth services!
Youth Savings Accounts
We want to be there for every step of your child's financial life, starting with their first savings account. Get started today with just five dollars.
Right now, earn a $5.00 cash bonus* when you open a Youth Savings Account!
It's never too early to start saving for your child, and to teach them about the importance of saving for the future. Make sure to read our blog post: Teaching Your Children The Value of Money to learn more.
What You Need To Get Started
To open your minor's account, the following information will be required to submit the application for membership:
- Minor’s legal name
- Social security number
If the minor is opening an account without a parent or legal guardian, the minor will be required to provide identification.
Learn more about acceptable forms of identification
- Unexpired State ID
- Driver’s License
- Temporary learner’s permit
- U.S. passport/card
- Student ID with picture.
For another smart way to save, open a Youth Certificate with just $50. You can add money to this account any time, so it's perfect for birthday money or chore allowance. This account also earns a higher dividend than a regular savings account.
April is Youth Month
||Term in Months
Youth Certificate rates effective 4:00 pm on Monday, November 14, 2022
1 APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates are subject to change without notice. Fees such as a penalty for early withdrawal may reduce earnings.
Growing Up With Your Credit Union
Everywhere you look there are opportunities for your children to learn about smart finances. From household chores, to social activities, to exciting milestones, BMI federal Credit Union can help.
Learn More About Education Savings Accounts from Coverdell
- A Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) helps you easily save for your child's education, with contributions and earnings coming out tax-free. Learn more about how a Coverdell ESA can help your child by exploring our brochure.
Learn More About Debit Cards
- In addition to savings accounts, your child may be ready for their first debit card as they grow into adolescence. From allowance to emergencies, this card is perfect for your independent teen. Learn how you can set limits on this card to help them learn the important responsibilities of saving and spending.
Learn More About Student Loans
- When it's time for your birds to leave the nest, we have everything you need to prepare them for college, including student loan options and helpful blogs on preparing for college. See below for our list of blogs.
Learn More About Our Online Learning Center for Kids
- Our Online Learning Center is complete with interactive modules, games, and activities to keep your kids engaged while they learn all the basics for a lifetime of financial success!
Money Basics for Children
- A great place to start is with Teaching Kids Finances, a series of online activities to help understand the basics of money, savings, and more! Then explore our collection of financial games and lessons through the BMI Federal Credit Union Banzai program, Banzai Junior.
Preparing Your Teens
- Becoming a teenager means new and exciting responsibilities like getting a drivers license and enjoying unsupervised after-school activities. Prepare them for making good financial choices! Our Basic Saving for Teens series helps teens understand checking accounts, how credit works, budget fundamentals, and more!
Successful Starts for Young Adults
Learn More About Our Additional Resources
- Visit our comprehensive Financial Education Program, available for FREE and with additional online services for kids, teens, and adults.
- Check out our featured articles below for great tips for all ages.
Learn More About Getting Started Today
- Get your kids off to the right start, with Youth Accounts, Youth Certificates, Debit Cards, our Online Learning series, and more. Call at 614.707.4000.
*Present this flyer or mention promo code GET5 at account opening for members 0-17. Cash bonus of $5 will be deposited into the savings account within 10 business days after all qualifications have been met. Cash bonus may be considered income and reported on 1099-MISC or 1099-INT. Membership eligibility and account requirements apply. BMI FCU is open to everyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Franklin, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, Madison, Union, Delaware or Morrow County. This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration. Additional coverage up to $250,000 provided by Excess Share Insurance Corporation, a licensed insurance company. BMI FCU may amend, suspend, or discontinue this offer at any time without notice. Offer ends June 30, 2022