BMI Federal Credit Union
BMI Federal Credit Union Charitable Giving
Community involvement is a core value at BMI Federal Credit Union. From charitable donations, to sponsoring local events, to helping our employees volunteer their time, we are committed to giving back to our members and the community we serve.
How it Works
The Credit Union operates several programs designed to increase our visibility and provide ongoing support throughout central Ohio. Community Involvement at BMI FCU consists of:
- Employees Driving Giving Efforts (EDGE) Committee: An employee-run, democratic, charitable giving committee that votes quarterly on all applications submitted for donations and sponsorships
- Scholarships: The BMI FCU annual scholarship fund is for local students in pursuit of higher education.
- The Annual Golf Open: Each year the Credit Union holds the BMI Federal Credit Union Scholarship Golf Open. Over the years, this event and its proceeds have supported military and veteran service members and their families. Most recently, our partnership is with Folds of Honor.
- Staff/Monthly Donations: Our employees have the option to donate to their favorite organizations in the community through a payroll deduction. Any amount donated through this program is pooled together and matched by the Credit Union.
- OCUL PAC Donations: Donations made on behalf of the BMI Federal Credit Union and the Ohio Credit Union League Political Action Committee (OCULPAC).
- Financial Literacy: The Credit Union brings free financial literacy to our community by donating school supplies and online learning access, as well as providing free financial education presentations to students and local organizations. Learn more about the BMI Federal Credit Union Financial Education Program.
- Corporate Donations: Additional funds on behalf of the Credit Union
To learn more about where and how BMI Federal Credit Union makes an impact, read our press releases!