BMI Federal Credit Union
Identity Theft Resource Center
Helping to Protect Your Personal Information
Identity theft can occur even if you have been careful about protecting your personal information. If you suspect you have been a victim of identity theft this information can help you take immediate action and attempt to minimalize the damage to your personal funds and financial accounts.
- Call the companies where you know fraud occurred.
- Place a fraud alert on your credit report and get copies of your report.
- TransUnion Call: 800.680.7289 or write: P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92634
- Equifax Call: 800.525.6285 or write: P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
- Experian Call: 888.EXPERIAN (888.397.3742) or write: P.O. Box 9532, Allen TX 75013
- Report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- File a report with your local police department.
Depending on your situation, your next step might be closing accounts opened in your name, or reporting fraudulent charges to our credit card company.
We recommend you visit identitytheft.gov and follow their action plant to help you with your identity theft issues.